Kenneth P. Monteiro—Associated Students Scholarship in Ethnic Studies
Scholarship awarded for the Spring semester
- Awarding Department: Ethnic Studies
- Scholarship Intent: The Associated Students is establishing the Kenneth P. Monteiro Associated Students Scholarship Endowment in Ethnic Studies in honor of Dr. Kenneth P. Monteiro who mentored many student leaders at SF State. The Kenneth P. Monteiro Associated Students Scholarship Endowment in Ethnic Studies shall recognize and provide financial assistance to students who like Dr. Monteiro are committed to advancing and empowering our diverse communities.
1) Upper division undergraduate students (junior, senior, and graduating senior) and graduate students
2) Students in any major or minor at the University who have completed at least 6 units in the College of Ethnic Studies
3) Students with a major or minor in the College of Ethnic Studies preferred
4) Minimum GPA of 2.5; 3.0 GPA or higher preferred
5) Financial need preferred (determined by personal statement; FAFSA not required)
- Major: Any
- Class Level: Undergrad: Junior, Senior, Graduating Senior; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Continuing SF State student
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME (12 units); Grad: FULL-TIME (8 units)
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.5; Grad GPA: 2.5
- Contact Person: College of Ethnic Studies
- Campus Address: Ethnic Studies & Psychology 121
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1693
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: https://ethnicstudies.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- Number of Awards: varies
- up to $1,500
- College of Ethnic Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe how you are committed to advancing and empowering the communities represented by the College of Ethnic Studies.
- What are your career and/or educational goals?
- I have completed at least 6 units of courses within the College of Ethnic Studies.
- Upload a copy of your latest academic transcript.