Philip Johnson/Cynthia Kolb Memorial Award Scholarship
Disability Programs and Resource Center
Award will be for Fall 2017
Awarding Department: Disability Programs & Resource Center (DPRC)
Scholarship Intent: To make an annual award to a currently enrolled or entering graduate student with a disability.
1) Applicants must be students with disabilities and if possible, provide verification of the disability with a completed scholarship application (if not currently registered with the DPRC for support services or reasonable accommodations; if the disability verification cannot be provided or the applicant has questions about meeting this criteria, please contact the DPRC’s Scholarship Coordinator directly).
2) Applicants must also provide copies of the Division of Graduate studies and graduate program acceptance letters, and a personal statement (not to exceed three (3) typewritten, double spaced pages) describing their education and career objectives, campus and/or community participation and service, personal and/or academic achievements, and involvement in the disability community.
3) Also required are unofficial academic transcripts, and two (2) letters of recommendation from a professor, counselor, or employer addressing your achievements.
Class Level: Undergrad: Graduating Senior; Grad: Masters/Credential/PhD
Enrollment Status: Any
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 4 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad SF State GPA: 3.0; Grad SF State GPA: 3.0
Entering graduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Contact Person: Disability Programs and Resource Center – Maisoon Alghethy
Campus Address: SSB 110
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-7878
Web page: http://www.sfsu.edu/~dprc/
Number of Awards: varies
- Disability Programs and Resource Center
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a person with a disability?
- Are you currently registered with the Disability Programs and Resource Center (DPRC) and have unexpired disability documentation on file?
- If you are not registered with the DPRC, please upload your current disability documentation based on our disability documentation guidelines found online at http://www.sfsu.edu/~dprc/registering.html.
- What is your career/professional goal?
- Please indicate the semester(s) that you will be attending your graduate/credential program at SF State
- Number of Units Expected to Enroll in for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018
- Expected Date of Graduation
- Submit a Division of Graduate Studies acceptance letter. The letter must be on letterhead and signed. Please upload your Division of Graduate Studies acceptance letter.
- Submit a letter of acceptance into a graduate degree/credential program. The letter must be on letterhead and signed. Please upload your graduate degree/credential progam acceptance letter.
- Submit your most current unofficial transcript. Please upload the current unofficial transcript.
- Please describe your education and career objectives, campus and/or community particiation and service, personal and/or academic achievements, and involvement in the disability community (not to exceed 1,500 words).
- Recommendation Letter 1: Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a professor, counselor, or employer addressing your achievements. The recommendation letter must be signed. Please upload your recommendation letter.
- Recommendation Letter 2: Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a professor, counselor, or employer addressing your achievements. The recommendation letter must be signed. Please upload your recommendation letter.
- Show 8 more