Asian American Studies Scholarship Fund
Asian American Studies
Laura Lai Scholarship/Student Assistantship for the AAS K-12 Curriculum Project
The Asian American Studies Department (AAS) is pleased to announce a two Laura Lai Scholarship/Student Assistantships to work on the ƒ??AAS K-12 Curriculum Project.ƒ?� The students will receive a joint scholarship and student assistantship, with the respective amounts to be determined.
ƒ?› Must be a full-time SFSU student enrolled for a minimum of 7 units in Spring 2015.
ƒ?› Must have knowledge of Asian American history demonstrated through enrolled AAS classes.
ƒ?› Must be available to work on the project throughout semester and specifically on May 16, 2015 (Saturday).
ƒ?› Must be an independent worker, organized, open minded, and very detail oriented.
ƒ?› Preferred knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Photoshop, and Google Maps.
Project Tasks Include:
ƒ?› Assist in cataloguing and proofing the APIA biography projects.
ƒ?› Assist in proofing past and present AAS biographies submitted in written and multimedia form for historical accuracy.
ƒ?› Event planning and other administrative tasks as needed that are related to the project.
What You Will Gain:
ƒ?› Event planning and leadership skills.
ƒ?› Outreach and networking with the school district and community.
ƒ?› Editing and proofing skills for K-12 level.
ƒ?› Program coordination training and skills that can translate to special events planning.
ƒ?› A working analytical knowledge of California Common Core Standards for K-12.
ƒ?› Communication skills connecting with diverse student populations and establishing protocols to standardize site-based work.
- Awarding Department: Asian American Studies
- Scholarship Intent: To provide financial support for Asian American Studies students.
- Criteria: Graduating senior with proof of admission to a post BA program may apply.
- Major: Asian American Studies majors and minors and AAS MA students
- Class Level: HS Seniors: N/A; Undergrad: Any; Grad: 2nd BA, Masters
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 7 units or more; Grad: 7 units or more
- Financial Need: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: US Citizen, Permanent Resident
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: Becky Mou
- Campus Address: EP 103
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-2698
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: not available
- Number of Awards: varies
- up to $2,000
- Asian American Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Number of units currently enrolled for Spring 2019?
- You must have knowledge of Asian American History demonstrated through enrolled AAS classes. How many AAS classes have you taken?
- You must be available to work on the project throughout Spring 2015 semester and specifically on Saturday, May 16, 2015. Do you agree to this requirement?
- Are you an independent worker, organized, open minded, and very detail oriented?
- Preferred knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Photoshop, and Google Map. Please rate your knowledge on each of the softwares/programs below on a scale from 1 to 5. (1= no knowledge, 5=expert)
- Access (1= no knowledge, 5=expert)
- Excel (1= no knowledge, 5=expert)
- Google Maps (1= no knowledge, 5=expert)
- Microsoft Word (1= no knowledge, 5=expert)
- Photoshop (1= no knowledge, 5=expert)
- PowerPoint (1= no knowledge, 5=expert)
- Submit a cover letter stating your interest with your home address, email address and phone number.
- Cover letter with your home address, email address and phone number
- Email address
- Home address
- Phone Number
- Submit names of at least 2 references, with their phone number, email addresses, and relationship to the applicant.
- Upload your unofficial transcript or DARS.
- Upload your Spring 2019 class schedule
- Submit a 1-2 page resume.
- Submit a 200-word essay describing your qualifications and how this scholarship/student assistantship will enhance your future goals.
- Show 6 more