Awarding Department: Foreign Languages and Literatures
Scholarship Intent: To recognize academically outstanding undergraduate or graduate SF State Foreign Language majors with demonstrated financial need, by awarding a loan that is forgivable upon graduation from SF State, if recipient meets all program criteria.
Criteria:Recipients must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress:
1. Undergraduate recipients must graduate from SF State within 6 years of declaring their Foreign Language major; graduate recipients within 4 years.
2. Recipients must maintain a 3.0 minimum GPA for undergraduates and a 3.5 for graduates.
3. Provide an unofficial transcript of each semester’s grades to the department chair.
4. Recipients must complete at least full-time units each semester (12 for undergraduates; 8 for graduates).
5. If applicant or recipient is determined ineligible for financial aid, the applicant is also ineligible to receive this loan.
6. Recipients will be required to sign a promissory note to repay the loan in full, plus interest if the conditions are not met.
Please write a personal statement about your academic goals and career plans.
Please upload a copy of your Student Aid Report and/or Financial Aid offer letter for the upcoming academic year. If the Student Aid Report is not available, a copy of your completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid for the upcoming academic year.