Bernice Ruben Arnold Scholarship Fund
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship awarded for Fall semester
Awarding Department: Creative Writing Department
Scholarship Intent: The purpose of the Bernice Ruben Arnold Scholarship is to assist the Creative Writing Department in its desire to diversify its graduate student body through its promotion and recruitment of people from
1) Students starting year one (1) of their Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing may apply
2) Students must be enrolled in at least six (6) units per semester to receive the
3) Applicants must supply a writing sample for consideration.
4) Students should demonstrate a commitment to promoting the values of diversity and cross cultural competency in Creative Writing.
5) Citizenship is not a requirement.
6) Scholarship is open to all students pursuing a Masters or MFA.
7) Preference will be granted to students who self-report financial need and are first generation college students.
Major: Single: Creative Writing Masters and MFA
Class Level: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: Masters
Enrollment Status: Entering student
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 6 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Creative Writing Department
Campus Address: HUM 573
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-1891
Number of Awards: 2
- 5000 (to be continued for 3 years for each awardee providing they meet the requirements)