Gloria Spencer University Women's Association Scholarship
University Women’s Association
This scholarship will be awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year
Awarding Department: University Women’s Association
Scholarship Intent: To provide funds for students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and are in need of financial assistance in order to achieve their goals.
1) Must be continuing student at SFSU.
2) Must enroll for the Fall 2019 AND Spring 2020 semesters.
3) Must state # of units enrolled in Spring semester 2019, # of semesters completed at SFSU through Jan. 13, 2019, # of units completed at SFSU through Jan. 13, 2019.
4) Completion of application for financial aid for the 2019-2020 academic year.
5) Submission of the following documents via Academic Works by the March 16, 2019 deadline:
a) Fall 2019/2020 SFSU Gloria Spencer University Women’s Association Scholarship Application.
b) at least one (1) signed letter of recommendation from a SFSU faculty member.
c) most current SFSU unofficial transcript.
6) Must write a brief essay not exceeding 500 words discussing career goals & objectives, as well as any extenuating circumstances that applicant would like to have considered.
7) Must give additional information in a brief statement not exceeding 200 words regarding volunteer work on campus, in the community or other volunteer organizations.
8) Must identify specific financial needs in a brief statement not exceeding 200 words.
9) A least one of the scholarships will be awarded to a Science Major.
Class Level: Undergrad: Junior, Senior; Grad: Masters, MFA
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 9 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Must file a FAFSA
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; SF State Undergrad GPA: 3.5; SF State Grad GPA: 3.7
Contact Person: Ilona Vandergriff
- Campus Address:
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-1106
Web page: http://uwa.sfsu.edu
Number of Awards: varies
- Supplemental Questions
- You must be a continuing student at SFSU to receive this scholarship. Please upload proof of full-time enrollment here.
- How many units are you enrolled in at SFSU this semester?
- How many semesters of coursework have you completed at SFSU through the current semester?
- How many units have you completed at SFSU through the current semester?
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from an SFSU faculty member. This must be on official letterhead.
- Please upload your current SFSU unofficial transcript here.
- In a brief statement (less than 500 words), describe your career goals and objectives, as well as any extenuating circumstances (personal or other).
- In a brief statement (less than 200 words), describe your volunteer work (in the campus community or with other volunteer organizations).
- In a brief statement (less than 200 words), describe your financial need.
- You must have completed the 2019-2020 FAFSA application. Please upload proof of application.
- You must have completed the 2018-2019 FAFSA application. Please upload proof of application.
- Show 5 more