Graduate Equity Fellowship Program
Scholarship awarded for the 2024-2025 academic year
Awarding Department: Division of Graduate Studies
Scholarship Intent: To increase the diversity of students completing graduate degree programs in the CSU, encourages continuation toward doctoral programs, and promote consideration of university faculty careers. It provides fellowships for economically disadvantaged CSU students who have had success in overcoming educational disadvantages and promotes faculty mentoring and research opportunities.
1) Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
2) Have maintained a GPA of at least 2.70 in all undergraduate work and 3.25 in all graduate work.
3) Be considered residents of the State of California for fee purposes.
4) Complete a minimum of 8 units applicable to the degree objective during each term of the award.
5) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
6) Must have financial need as determined by the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application.
Class Level: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: Masters/Doctoral
Enrollment Status: any
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 8 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad cum and/or SF State GPA: 2.7; Grad cum and/or SF State GPA: 3.25
Contact Person: Division of Graduate Studies
Campus Address: ADM 254
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-2234
Web page: N/A
Number of Awards: varies
- Up to $3,500 Masters; $5,000 Doctoral
- Graduate Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a California resident for fee purposes?
- Personal Statement: The goal of the Graduate Equity Fellowship is to increase diversity by encouraging students with educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue and complete masters’ and doctoral degrees. Please describe your academic and personal background, achievements, awards, special talents, etc. and how they relate to this Fellowship. Please also describe your goals (academic, personal, professional, employment, etc.) and discuss how the Graduate Equity Fellowship will assist you in accomplishing them.
- Upload a current transcript
- Have you previously been a Graduate Equity Fellowship recipient?
- If Spring will be your final semester at SF State will you be enrolled in your culminating experience course?
- Have you earned a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution?
- If newly admitted have you earned a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70?
- Do you come from an educationally or economically disadvantaged background?
- Letter of Recommendation from current or former faculty instructor
- Letter of Recommendation
- Show 5 more