Philosophy Graduate Student Tuition and Fee Scholarship for Continuing Students
LIBERAL & CREATIVEARTS
This scholarship will be awarded for the 2024-2025 Academic Year. Students must enroll HALF-TIME (4 units graduate) during the 2024-2025 Academic Year to receive the scholarship
Awarding Department: Philosophy
Scholarship Intent: To provide assistance and support to the educational advancement of students by awarding money to eligible graduate students in San Francisco State’s philosophy program.
Criteria: Eligible students are students who began the MA Philosophy program in the current Spring semester and SF State Scholars students who matriculated into the MA program in the current Spring semester or who will matriculate into the MA program in the upcoming Fall semester. Must be on Academic Works:
1) *Names of two SFSU graduate faculty who can serve as references for academic achievement;
2) Unofficial transcripts from the student’s prior degree program(s);
3) Unofficial transcript from SFSU and list of courses currently in progress;
4) Explanation of why the scholarship would be useful and additional information that you think would be useful in evaluating your application (roughly 250 words). NOTE: *If applicants are already receiving a State University Grant, they may not receive this Philosophy scholarship in full during their first year. In this case, the award will be disbursed over two years. These students receiving their scholarship award over four semesters must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units during all four semesters to receive disbursement.*
Major: Single: Philosophy
(1) Undergraduate seniors in the Philosophy SF State Scholars Program who are matriculating to the MA program in the coming Fall;
(2) current MA students in the Philosophy SF State Scholars Program who matriculated in the current Spring;
(3) current MA students in the Philosophy Department who first matriculated into the department in the current Spring.
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 6 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.0
Contact Person: Jennifer Waller
Campus Address:HUM 389
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Submit a statement of purpose (up to 1000 words) explaining your motivation for studying philosophy and your plans for further study. The statement should also include an explanation of why the scholarship would be useful and additional information that you think would be useful in evaluating your application.
Upload unofficial transcripts from your prior degree program(s), including SFSU.
List the names and email address of one (of two) references who can provide you with a letter of recommendation. Reference One Here.
List the names and email address of one (of two) references who can provide you with a letter of recommendation. Reference Two Here.