Shereen Paff Special Education Scholarship
Health and Social Sciences
Scholarship will be awarded for the Fall semester
The Department of Child and Adolescent Development (CAD) is seeking applicants for the Shereen Paff Special Education Scholarship. This scholarship was endowed by Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Paff in memory of their daughter, Shereen. Shereen Paff earned a master’s degree in Early Childhood Education in 1971 from San Francisco State University (SFSU) and spent 25 years working and teaching in the field of Special Education. She specialized in visually impaired children and special education children in elementary schools and dedicated her life to helping children.
Awarding Department: Child & Adolescent Development
Scholarship Intent: In support of students studying in the Child and Adolescent Development major with a concentration in Early Childhood or in the Graduate College of Education that have a concentration or major in early childhood education.
1) Senior in Child and Adolescent Development (CAD) or GCOE students with a concentration/major in early childhood education.
2) Demonstrate evidence of community involvement, with emphasis toward activities with children;
3) Academic leadership;
4) Demonstrate financial need;
5) Devoted time and energy toward providing a quality educational experiences to young children with disabilities;
6) Have completed, or in the progress of completing, at least 18 hours of course credit in the Special Education program at SF State; OR have Special Education declared as their minor.
Major: Multiple: Child & Adolescent Development; Early Childhood Concentration (BA); Early Childhood Special Education (MA); Early Childhood Special Education (Credential); Early Childhood Education (MA); Multiple Subject Credential Early Childhood Education focus (Credential)
Class Level: Undergrad: Senior; Grad: Credential, Masters
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 4 UNITS
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: No
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.5; Grad GPA: 3.5
Contact Person: CAD Dept.
Campus Address: SCI 394
Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 405-3911
Web page: http://cad.sfsu.edu/
Number of Awards: varies
- Varies - up to $4,000
- Child & Adolescent Development
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe what motivates you to study or work with children with disabilities?
- What are your educational and career goals and how will this scholarship help you to reach your goals?
- Describe your community involvement with children.
- Describe your experience working with young children with disabilities and how you provided them with quality educational experiences.
- Please upload a current resume.
- Please upload a finanical aid statement.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation (written specifically for this scholarship). Preferably one letter from a SF State faculty with whom you have taken a course who can speak to your academic ability, character and other criteria. The second letter from a professional with whom you have worked with who can speak to your experiences in the field, character and other criteria.
- Please upload your first letter of recommendation from a SF State faculty member. It should be signed and on official University letterhead.
- Please upload your second letter of recommendation from a professional in the field. It should be signed and on official letterhead.
- Show 2 more