Robert and Joyce Corrigan SF Promise Endowed Scholarship
Office of Alumni Relations
Scholarship awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year
Awarding Department: Alumni Relations
Scholarship Intent: The San Francisco Promise Scholarships were established to recognize the academic achievements and potential of students who have graduated from the San Francisco Unified School District and to assist them financially with the pursuit of their education. The scholarship is available to new students at San Francisco State University who have graduated from an SFUSD high school the previous spring.
1) Student must be a new freshman entering SF State who graduated from a SFUSD high school.
2) Must complete a FAFSA or CA Dream application and have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
3) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
4) Renewal requirement: Must maintain a GPA of 2.5 at SF State, financial need, and complete 24 units for the academic year for scholarship to be renewed up to 4 years.
Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: N/A; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Entering
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 units; Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: 3.0; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Ryan Jones
Campus Address: ADM 153
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 405-3639
Web page: http://sfpromise.sfsu.edu
Number of Awards: varies
- Up to $2000 every year for four years
- Alumni Association
- Supplemental Questions
- Please tells us about yourself.
- 1. What are your academic and career goals?
- 2. Do you have any personal and/or academic accomplishments? If so, what are they?
- 3. Describe your involvement with high school activities or community service.
- 4. Describe any educational or economic challenges you face, particularly in meeting your college goals.
- Volunteer/Employment/Internship History: Please describe your employment, volunteer or internship history.
- 1. Organization's Name:
- 2. Please indicate whether this was an internship, a volunteer position or a job.
- 3. Please detail responsibilities in this internship, volunteer position or job:
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be graduating from a high school within the San Francisco Unified School District. Please select your high school from the list below.
- Please upload your current high school transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who can provide a reference on your behalf. Your reference provider should be familiar with you and able to speak to your personal, professional and/or academic achievements. Teachers, advisers, supervisors and mentors are highly recommended. Please be sure to communicate to the individual that you are listing them as a reference provider and give them context on the scholarship for which you are applying so they can tailor their reference.