Associated Students/Estella Lara Memorial Scholarship
Educational Opportunity Program
Scholarship awarded for Fall semester
Awarding Department: Educational Opportunity Program
Scholarship Intent: The scholarship will be used to provide financial assistance to former EOP students who have graduated from SFSU and are entering or continuing in a SFSU graduate program.
1) Applicants must be previous EOP students who have graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SFSU and are entering or continuing in a SFSU graduate program.
2) Incoming graduate students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and continuing graduate students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
3) Students who meet the AB540 definition may apply.
4) Must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act application.
5) Must have financial need as determined by FAFSA or the California Dream Act application.
Class Level: Undergrad: Graduating Senior; Grad: Masters/Credential
Enrollment Status: Any
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: HALF-TIME (4 UNITS)
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.5; Grad GPA: 3.0
Contact Person: EOP Office
Campus Address: SSB 201
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415)338-1085
Web page: https://eop.sfsu.edu/
Number of Awards: 1
- Educational Opportunity Program
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide your SFSU student ID #.
- Only students who were part of the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) and graduated with their Bachelor's degree from SFSU and are entering or continuing a Master's or Credential Program at SFSU are eligible to apply to the Estella Lara/AS Memorial Scholarship. If you meet this criteria please answer the following questions.
- As an SFSU undergraduate student were you part of EOP?
- As an undergraduate student at SFSU who was/were your EOP advisor(s)? Please provide their full name(s). If you do not remember who it was simply type 'I do not remember'.
- Please indicate the semester and year in which you earned/will earn your bachelor's degree from SFSU.
- What SFSU gradaute prorgam will you be enrolled in this coming academic year? Please indicate whether you are a continuing graduate student or have filed a program application.
- How did EOP assist you in your success as an undergraduate student at SFSU?
- ESSAY: How will your graduate studies contribute to your future career plans, and why have you chosen this path? (500 word max.)
- Please upload a current resume (in MS Word or PDF format) which highlights any campus involvement, work/internship experience, extra-curricular activities and community/volunteer work.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation (in PDF format) printed on company/organization letterhead from someone who can vouch for your qualifications, character and abilities (e.g. counselor, teacher, mentor or supervisor).
- Please upload, as a PDF document, a current SFSU transcript.
- Show 2 more