Elizabeth June Madden-Zibman Creative Writing Endowed Scholarship
LIBERAL & CREATIVEARTS
Awarding Department: Creative Writing
Scholarship Intent: Scholarship for Creative Writing majors, graduate or undergraduate, enrolled full-time, with verified financial need per Fin Aid, minimum 3.0 GPA. Candidates must demonstrate on-campus or off-campus involvement in a literary or poetry journal, active support of poetry readings by regular attendance or with event organization activities. Candidates submit an essay or poem or short story of any length on a topic of concern to women, women’s issues or women’s experience in society.
1) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
2) Must show financial need based on the FAFSA or CA Dream Application as provided by the Financial Aid Office.
3) Candidates must demonstrate on-campus or off-campus involvement in a literary or poetry journal.
4) Must demonstrate active support of poetry readings either by regular attendance or with event organization activities.
5) Must submit an essay or poem of any length on a topic of concern to women, women’s issues or women’s experience in society, and should discuss personal values such as the importance of higher education, health and physical education, social justice, empathy, and openness to life experience.
Major: English:Creative Writing
Class Level: HS Seniors: N/A; Undergrad: Any; Grad: Masters/MFA
Enrollment Status: Continuing and Entering
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 units; Grad: 8 units
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.0
Contact Person: Creative Writing Department
Campus Address:HUM 573
Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, California 94132