Welcome to the San Francisco State University Scholarship website! The scholarships listed below are San Francisco State University scholarships offered by various colleges, departments, and offices. Click the scholarship name to learn more about the opportunity.
To view a list of external scholarships offered by outside organizations and foundations, click External under Opportunities. You cannot apply to these scholarships from this website. Click the “Visit” link for more information.
You can conduct a keyword search by:
- Specific keyword (e.g., veterans, AB540, disability, community service, single parent, etc.)
- Major or college (e.g., enter your major into the keyword box and click search for a list of scholarships or by College – Science and Engineering, Liberal & Creative Arts, Health and Social Sciences, Business, Graduate College of Education, Ethnic Studies)
- Enrollment status (e.g., entering or continuing)
- Scholarship name
OR click the “Show Filters” button to search by: “Scopes” (scholarships grouped by department or office; for example, Journalism, College of Business, Office of Student Financial Aid, etc.). This is a good search to find scholarships offered to all majors within a specific College.
To apply for or be considered for nomination based campus scholarships, click the “Sign In” button to begin. You must have a SF State ID number to be able to sign in and begin your scholarship application. Once you complete the General Application, scholarships that are currently “open” will be recommended to you if you meet the basic criteria (e.g., gpa OR class level OR major). However, read the scholarship eligibility requirements and questions carefully to determine if you are qualified BEFORE applying. If a scholarship is not yet available, check with the campus office administering the scholarship to ask when the scholarship will be available to apply for.
There are some scholarship opportunities you do not have to apply for, but will be automatically matched to after you complete your General Application.
The General Application you completed will be kept until July of each year. You must complete and sign a new General Application at the beginning of the Fall semester.
Below are fields on the individual Scholarship page and what they mean:
• Enrollment Status: “Any” means entering students and continuing SF state students are eligible to apply.
• Enrollment requirement: “Full-Time” means 12 units for undergraduate students and 8 units for graduate students. This is the required enrollment to receive the
• Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA or CA Dream App:
- “Yes” means applicant must submit a FAFSA or CA Dream App and have financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- “Not a Requirement” means you do not have to file a FAFSA or CA Dream App to determine financial need.
- “Must file a FAFSA” means students must file a FAFSA and students who cannot file a FAFSA are not eligible.
- Check the “Criteria” to see if you must demonstrate financial need another way.
• Citizenship: “Any” means that any citizenship status may be eligible, including international students, undocumented students, and students with AB540 status
If you have any questions regarding a specific scholarship, contact the person or department listed on the scholarship opportunity page.
DETERMINE YOU ARE QUALIFIED BEFORE APPLYING by reading the scholarship eligibility requirements (e.g., major, gpa, enrollment requirement to receive the scholarship, other requirements as stated) and questions CAREFULLY.
|There are not any opportunities available.|