David and Lola Bjorkquist Scholarship for Undergraduate Chemistry and Biochemistry Majors
Science and Engineering
The award for this scholarship will be disbursed in fall of 2020 or spring 2021. The recipient must be current in all qualifications for the scholarship (e.g., enrollment status) in fall 2020 or spring 2021. The winner will be expected to attend the Annual CoSE Donor Recognition and Scholarship Awards Dinner in early November, 2020.
David and Lola Bjorkquist met as undergraduate students at SFSU. Both went on to get Ph. D. degrees and worked for Johnson and Johnson. They created an endowment to provide scholarship support to upper division chemistry and biochemistry majors to support them in the completion of their degree.
- Awarding Department: Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Scholarship Intent: To support the education and professional development of undergraduate Chemistry and Biochemistry majors at SF State.
- Criteria: Statement of financial need to be included with application.
- Major: Multiple: Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Class Level: Undergrad: Upper Division(Junior/Senior), Grad: N/A
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: HALF-TIME; Grad: N/A
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
- Campus Address: TH 806
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1288
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://www.chembiochem.sfsu.edu/scholarships/0layout.php
- Number of Awards: varies
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a copy of your unofficial SFSU transcript.
- Please describe your financial need (maximum 700 words).
- Please request a confidential letter from a professor who has taught you and can speak to your academic ability. Recommendation must be received by the deadline.