Costco Scholarship Fund
Scholarship awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year
Awarding Department: Ethnic Studies
Scholarship Intent: The Costco Scholarship Fund will provide economically and educationally disadvantaged SF State juniors and seniors an award for educational expenses.
1) Scholarship is renewable for 3 years provided the student completes 24 units per academic year and maintains satisfactory academic progress with a cumulative gpa of 3.0.
2) Students who meet the AB540 definition are eligible to apply.
3) Must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Application. Must have financial need as determined by FAFSA or the California Dream Application.
Class Level: Undergrad: Upper Division(Junior/Senior), Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Any
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME; Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Rosalie Alfonso
Campus Address: Ethnic Studies & Psychology 121
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-1694
Web page: https://ethnicstudies.sfsu.edu/scholarships
Number of Awards: varies
- Equivalent to tuition
- College of Ethnic Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Personal Statement: Thank you for applying to this scholarship. The questions below will allow the review committee to get a better sense of your goals, achievements and relationship to your community.
- 1. What would you like to do after your graduate?
- 2. What are your professional and academic goals?
- 3. What are significant factors or events in your life that have impacted your desire or ability to attend college?
- 4. Who has inspired you?
- 5. What academic achievements are you proud of?
- 6. How have you contributed to your community?
- Upload statement of financial need, i.e. FAFSA, California Dream Act Application, etc.
- Upload your latest academic transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who can provide a reference on your behalf. Your reference provider should be a professor or community leader familiar with your academic, professional and/or community work. Please be sure to communicate to the individual that you are listing them as a reference provider and give them context on the scholarship for which you are applying so they can tailor their reference.