Silicon Valley Childrens Fund Youth Education Scholars Program
Scholarship Intent: To help former foster youth achieve the dream of a college education or vocational training.
1) Was a dependent of the court and in an out-of-home foster care placement for at least one day after applicant’s 13th birthday.
2) Currently/formerly from Santa Clara County or San Mateo County child welfare system or currently receiving ILP services from Santa Clara County.
3) Achieved a minimum (overall) 2.0+ cumulative high school GPA and received your high school diploma or GED or 2.0+ cumulative college GPA.
4) Demonstrate a commitment and capacity to completing a degree / certificate or meeting college transfer requirements.
5) Accepted to or attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school for the Fall 2017 academic term.
6) Completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if attending college in the Fall and be deemed eligible for all federal and state financial aid.
7) Have unmet financial need or have educational loans that do not exceed the cost of attendance as determined by the campus Financial Aid Office.
Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: Any; Grad: N/A