Scholarship Intent: To improve the lives of African-American women and girls in particular, and the broader Bay Area community, in general.
1) Priority is given to women seeking their first degree.
2) Applicant must be 30 years of age or older (provide copy of driver’s license or other proof)
3) Applicant must be attending an accredited institution of higher learning in the Fall 2017 school term (provide official or certified proof of enrollment). The school listed in your application must be the school you attend at the time you seek payment of your award. NCBW reserves the right to rescind an award if the school, or any other information provided for payment, differs from information provided in the application.
4) Applicant must be working at least on a part time basis (minimum 15 hours per week)
5) Applicant must need financial assistance (provide Student Aid Report, FAFSA documents, 2016 W-2 form, or other evidence of financial need for 2017-18 year)
6) Applicant must provide at least two recommendations – one from an official of current school and one from the present employer. Applicants who have not been enrolled in school during the past (3) years may submit a recommendation from an organization in which they are involved (religious or otherwise).
7) Awardees must agree to periodically provide education and career updates to NCBW, as requested