Scholarship Intent: Provides funding to participants as they are prepared academically and professionally to enter the United States Department of State Foreign Service.
1) Contact org for other majors that apply. Acceptable programs include public policy, international affairs, public administration, business, economics, political science, sociology, or foreign languages.
2) Women, members of minority groups historically underrepresented in the foreign service, and students with financial need are encouraged to apply.
3) Must be attending a college or university in the United States.
4) Have and maintain a 3.2 minimum GPA throughout the program.
5) Applicants must be expecting to receive their bachelor’s degree in Spring 2018.
6) Applicants must be available to fulfill the summer internship obligations.
7) Must be interested in becoming a Foreign Service Offices in the US Department of State.
8) All applicants who received financial aid must also provide a copy of their most recent financial aid letter that lists grants or loans. They must also provide a copy Leadership potential and academic achievement; Involvement in their communities.
9) Graduate Fellowship winners are expected to enroll in a two-year, full-time master’s degree program.
Major: Multiple: Public Administration, International Affairs, Business, Economics, Sociology,
Class Level: Undergrad: Junior; Grad: entering graduate student