Radio & Television News Directors Foundation Scholarship
Scholarship Intent: All scholarships are open to enrolled students (freshmen excluded) who are pursuing careers in radio and television news.
1) Scholarships are open to undergraduate students pursuing careers in radio, television, or digital journalism.
2) Winners must be officially enrolled, full-time sophomores, juniors or seniors in good standing when scholarships are awarded for the 2016-2017 academic year.
3) Students may apply for only one RTDNF scholarship, and past RTDNF scholarship winners are not eligible.
4) Complete the online application form, including: Contact information, Experience, URL links to 3-5 work samples. Work samples should be broadcast (television/radio) or online news pieces. Work samples should be uploaded to a host site like YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc.
5) Upload the supplemental materials: Cover letter, Discuss your current and past journalism experience, Describe how you intend to use the funds, Discuss your choice to pursue a career in journalism, Addressed to RTDNF Scholarship Committee.
6) Current resume.
7) Letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, or supervisor addressed to RTDNF Scholarship Committee.
Class Level: Undergrad: Sophomore/Junior/Senior; Grad: Any