Scholarship Intent: This scholarship supports Native American undergraduates in the health profession.
1) Preparatory and Pre-Graduate Scholarships: Recipients must be a member or descendant of a federally recognized, state-recognized or terminated American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native village.
2) Health Professions Scholarship: Recipients must be a member of a federally recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native village only.
3) Be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
4) Have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
5) Be capable of completing a health profession degree program.
6) Intend to serve Indian people as a health professional in your chosen discipline.
Major: Single: Majors within the Health and Human Services,
Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: Any; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Entering and Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
Citizenship: US Citizen
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Scholarship Program-Application and Supporting Documents
Contact Person title: Indian Health Service
Street Address:5600 Fishers Lane Mail Stop: OHR (11E53A) Rockville, MD 20857