Scholarship Intent: This scholarship, established in honor of Liang-Lin and Katharine Hsiao, who were professors of economics at Indiana State University, is provided to help undergraduate and graduate students achieve their educational goals.
1) Graduate student attending an accredited U.S. college or university.
2) Preference given to students pursuing a career in academia, teaching or research.
3) Preference is also given to research/study topics that benefit Asians or Asian Americans, especially those in social/economic need.
4) Ethnic heritage at least 50% Asian.
5) Strength of professional recommendations.
6) Financial need of individual and family.