Scholarship Intent: The Haas/Koshland Award is in honor of Walter A. Haas, Sr. and Daniel E. Koshland, Sr. to provide one year of study and personal development in Israel.
1) Travel award is open to college students, from sophomore year through masters-level graduate school, who are from, or attend school, in the San Francisco Bay Area.
2) Write a brief statement outlining how your interests would be uniquely enhanced by a year’s residence in Israel.
3) Two letters of recommendation are required, one personal and one academic.
4) Must submit your academic transcript, both official and unofficial will be accepted.
5) Applicants do not need to be Jewish, can be first-time or return travelers to Israel, and can use the award to study, discover their passion, perform advocacy work, intern, or just explore the land, its complex social and political issues, and its rich history.
Class Level: Undergrad: Sophomore, Juniors, and Seniors; Grad: Any