Scholarship Intent: The purpose of this scholarship fund is to assist in alleviating the problem of the years long shortage of medical healthcare professionals by providing funds for persons who wish to obtain an education to qualify them as providers of healthcare services
1) Eligible applicants for assistance from the Nuziard Scholarship Fund must be United States citizens or legal residents who are enrolled in Illinois Wesleyan University, Northwestern University, or any California state university, community college, or private university or college whose credits upon transfer are given equal standing to those of California state institutions.
2) Eligibility is limited to students already enrolled or planning to enter into studies to become medical assistants, medical technicians, LVNs, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, dentists, physician’s assistants, primary care physicians, obstetricians, or other postgraduate healthcare providers.
3) Priority may be given to bilingual students and to those who agree to practice their profession serving the low-income residents of Los Angeles County.
4) Assistance will be limited to tuition, fees, and books. No sums awarded may be applied to costs of room and board or transportation.
5) Financial need with copy of FAFSA or Student Aid Report.
6) Community college and professional school students chosen to receive Nuziard Scholarship Fund assistance must maintain a 2.5 GPA.