Scholarship Intent: To decrease the financial barriers to higher education faced by foster youth in need, and to support their success through the provision of mentoring.
1) Must have been in public or private foster care for one consecutive year at the time of 18th birthday or high school graduation OR have been adopted or taken into legal guardianship out of foster care after 16th birthday OR have lost both parent due to death before 18 and not been subsequently adopted.
2) Renewable based on satisfactory progress and financial need.
3) Must be under the age of 25 on March 31.
4) Must have been in foster care or orphaned while living in the US; US citizenship is not required.
5) Must accepted into or enrolled in an accredited pell-eligible college or other post-secondary school.
Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: Any; Grad: N/A