CA Park and Recreation Society Dist VI Scholarship
Scholarship Intent: To provide financial assistance and to encourage professional development and future contributions to the Parks and Recreation profession.
1) Must be a declared Recreation/Parks/Leisure Studies major at a four-year college or university.
2) If you are in a degree program for a related field, you must be actively working in the field of parks and recreation.
3) Undergraduate applicants must have completed or be in enrolled in classes that add up to a minimum of 60 units with at least 12 units in their major.
4) Graduate students must have completed at least 9 units.
5) Undergraduate students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their major and a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
6) Graduate students must have a 3.5 GPA overall and in the major.
7) Selections based on academic achievement, professional affiliation(s) and activity, experience in field, leadership and professional potential and references.