Scholarship Intent: The BIE provides supplemental financial assistance to the eligible American Indian/Alaska Native scholar entering college seeking a baccalaureate degree.
1) Must be a member of, or at least one-quarter degree Indian blood descendant of a member of an American Indian tribe which is eligible for the special programs and services provided by the United States through the Bureau of Indian Education because of their status as Indians.
2) Tribal directory: www.doi.gov/leaders.pdf
3) The BIE offers multiple scholarships with varying eligibility criteria for undergraduate, graduate and law school students.
4) Contact organization or visit website for all opportunities and specific requirements.
5) Applications are administered through the designated education officer of the tribe you are affiliated with or a member of. For a list of all education officers, go to www.bia.gov/cs/groups/public/documents/text/idc1-023759.pdf.
6) Applicants must be accepted for admission to a nationally accredited institution of higher education which provides a course of study conferring the Associate of Arts or Bachelor’s degree.
Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: Any; Grad: Masters/PhD