Scholarship Intent: To increase the number of registered nurses practicing in medically underserved areas of California.
1) Must attend or be accepted to an accredited school in CA.
2) Be free from any other service obligation.
3) Have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California graduate after June 30, 2017.
4) Be willing to work in a medically under-served area for two years practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California.
5) Must have the ability to understand and respond effectively to the cultural and linguistic needs of patients.