American Physical Therapy Association Minority Scholarship Award
Scholarship Intent: To acknowledge and reward demonstrated participation in minority affairs activities and services, the potential for superior achievements in the profession of physical therapy, appropriate display of professionalism as a future physical therapist, and academic excellence.
1) Must be African-American or Black, Asian, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, American Indian/Alaska Native or Hispanic/Latino.
2) Must show evidence of contributions in areas of minority affairs and services and high scholastic achievement.
3) Must be enrolled in final academic year of an accredited or developing professional physical therapist education program.
4) Potential for superior achievements in the profession of physical therapy as well as professional excellence as a physical therapist.
5) Scholastic achievement.
6) Demonstrated evidence of contributions in the area of minority affairs and services with an emphasis on contributions made while enrolled in the physical therapy education program.
Major: Single: Physical Therapy,
Class Level: Undergrad: Senior; Grad: Masters
Enrollment Status: Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: N/A
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person:APTA, Alissa Patanarut
Contact Person title: Honors and Awards Office
Street Address: 1111 North Fairfax Street Alexandria, Virginia 22314-1488