Scholarship Intent: This scholarship is awarded to an education student who best exemplifies the dedication to principle and high professional standards of Carol Applegate, Kay Jackson, and Dr. Anne Parks.
1) Demonstrate scholastic ability and interest in the institute’s work.
2) Demonstrate potential for successful completion of the education requirements of the university.
3) Demonstrate potential of a successful application for a teaching license.
4) Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of voluntary unionism and problems of compulsory unionism in relation to education by writing an original essay of approximately 500 words.
5) Must submit recent transcript.