Scholarship Intent: To make the goal of post secondary education more attainable for the children and grandchildren of veterans by assisting deserving students who might not otherwise have the financial means to achieve their educational goals.
1) Must be a United States Citizen.
2) Must provide evidence of active duty status or veteran status having served honorably.
3) Must have a high school diploma or GED.
4) Must demonstrate financial need.
5) Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment to an eligible program.
6) Must not be in default on a federal student loan.
7) Must not be convicted under state or federal law for sale of or possession of illegal drugs.
8) Must agree to authorize AMVETS to publicize your scholarship, if you are selected.
Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: N/A; Grad: N/A