Scholarship Intent: The scholarship is for veterans, including members of the National Guard and Reserves, seeking new skills in order to be more competitive in the job market.
1) Must be a US veteran or member of the National Guard or Reserves.
2) Must demonstrate financial need.
3) Must not be in default on a federal student loan.
4) Must not be convicted under state or federal law for sale or possession of illegal drugs.
5) Must have high school diploma or GED.
6) Must agree to authorize AMVETS to publicize your scholarship award, if you are selected.
7) Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment to an eligible program.
Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: N/A
Enrollment Status: Entering and Continuing
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: Part-Time or Full-Time; Grad: Part-Time or Full-Time
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Yes
Citizenship: US Citizen
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
Contact Person: Tiffany Hilton
Contact Person title: Programs Associate
Street Address: 4647 Forbes Boulevard Lanham, Maryland 20706