Scholarship Intent: This scholarship was established to to provide funding to support the education of students working toward technical careers that are in short supply and high demand by electric utilities.
1) Must be studying an energy related subject. Contact organization for all majors that apply.
2) Some scholarships require student to participate in a DEED project be a DEED member. Visit website or contact organization for specific requirements.
3) A student may not have more than one DEED scholarship at a time. Students may apply for a second DEED scholarship once their first is completed.
4) Scholarship evaluation criteria will be based upon goals and aspirations of the student in the electric utility industry, motivation to succeed, service to community and school, academic ability.
5) Priority will be given to students pursuing degrees or certificates in areas that are in short supply and high demand in the public power industry.