American Meteorological Society for Underserved Communities
Scholarship Intent: The AMS Minority Scholarships will award funding to minority students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the sciences, especially Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students. Funding for the scholarships is provided by donations made by members to the AMS Giving Program
1) Minority students who will be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of the upcoming academic school year, are eligible to apply.
2) Students must plan to pursue careers in the atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. MARINEBIOLOGY IS NOTELIGIBLE.
3) The scholarship is renewable for the sophomore year depending on the successful completion of the first academic year.
4) Must provide high school transcripts showing past three years.
5) Letter of recommendation from a high school teacher OR guidance counselor.
6) Test scores are no longer required.