Scholarship Intent: The American Association of Japanese University Women established this scholarship to promote the education of women, as well as to contribute to U.S. Japan relations, cultural exchanges, and development of leadership.
1) Female student enrolled in an accredited California college or university.
2) Has junior, senior or graduate standing in the school year 2017-2018.
3) Recipient, at her own expense, is asked to attend the award ceremony held on Sunday, January 28, 2018 in Los Angeles.
4) Demonstrate a desire and intent to fulfill a leadership role in your chosen field of study and to be a contributor to U.S.-Japan relations and cultural exchanges.
5) Must not have received an AAJUW scholarship previously.
6) A current resume.
7) Official transcript(s) for the past two years of study to be sent directly from the college/university to AAJUW Scholarship Committee.
8) Two letters of recommendation, addressed to AAJUW Scholarship Committee. One must be written by a professor in your major field of study.
9) An essay on the topic of what you hope to accomplish in your field of study and how this will contribute to improve U.S. – Japan relationship. Be specific in your essay to clarify your ideas. It should not exceed two pages (8 ½ x 11, double-spaced) in English or in Japanese.
Class Level: Undergrad: Sophomore, Junior, Senior; Grad: Any