A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship
Scholarship Intent: A Place for Mom, a leader in the senior living industry that provides senior care referrals to families across the United States, gives an annual $1,000 scholarship for advancement in the field of gerontology.
1) Must be enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program in the fields of gerontology, long term care administration, social work, medicine, nursing, or sociology at an accredited 2 year college or 4 year university.
2) The student must intend on pursuing a career that involves working with senior citizens.
3) The applicant must be attending classes at an accredited college or university at the time of the spring deadline.
4) Employees of a Place for Mom and members of their immediate family and persons living in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to apply.
5) Scholarship will be awarded to five students who write the most compelling essay as judged by an outside panel of senior living professionals.
6) Award must be used toward tuition or book costs for the field of study for which the Scholarship Award was approved.
Major: Multiple: Nursing, Gerontology, Social Work, Sociology, Public Administration,