Graduate Equity Fellowship Program
Scholarship awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year
Awarding Department: Division of Graduate Studies
Scholarship Intent: To increase diversity by encouraging students with educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds and outstanding academic records to pursue and complete master’s and doctoral degrees.
1) Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
2) Have maintained a GPA of at least 2.70 in all undergraduate work and 3.25 in all graduate work.
3) Be considered residents of the State of California for fee purposes.
4) Complete a minimum of 8 units applicable to degree objective during each term of award.
5) Must have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
Class Level: Undergrad: N/A, Grad: Masters/Doctoral
Enrollment Status: Any
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: FULL-TIME
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Must file a FAFSA
Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.7; Grad GPA: 3.25
Contact Person: Division of Graduate Studies
Campus Address: ADM 250
Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415) 338-2234
Web page: http://grad.sfsu.edu/content/funding-fellowshipsy
Number of Awards: varies
- up to $3,500 Masters;$5,000 Doctoral
- Graduate Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a California resident for fee purposes?
- Personal Statement: The goal of the Graduate Equity Fellowship is to increase diversity by encouraging students with educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue and complete masters’ and doctoral degrees. Please describe your academic and personal background, achievements, awards, special talents, etc. and how they relate to this Fellowship. Please also describe your goals (academic, personal, professional, employment, etc.) and discuss how the Graduate Equity Fellowship will assist you in accomplishing them.
- If you are newly admitted to an SF State graduate program, please upload your unofficial or official transcripts.
- Have you previously been a Graduate Equity Fellowship recipient?
- If Spring 2019 will be your final semester at SF State will you be enrolled in your culminating experience course?
- Have you earned a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution?
- If newly admitted have you earned a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70?
- Do you come from an educationally or economically disadvantaged background?
- Letter of Reference 1 of 2
- Letter of Reference 2 of 2
- Show 5 more