Jack Oakie "Its all in fun" Award for Excellence in Creative Arts
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship awarded for Fall 2020 semester
- Awarding Department: Liberal and Creative Arts
- Scholarship Intent: To assist students in creative arts majors whose work is based in film.
1) Demonstrate financial need through a written statement.
2) Watch one Jack Oakie film and write a brief synopsis of the film or scene in the film explaining what you would have done differently if you were the screenwriter, director, actor, set designer etc.
- Major: Multiple: Art, Cinema, Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts, Theatre, Dance, Music, Design
- Class Level: Undergrad: Any, 2nd BA; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: HALF-TIME (6 UNITS); Grad: HALF-TIME (4 UNITS)
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.5; Grad GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: College of Liberal and Creative Arts
- Campus Address: CA 251
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1471
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://lca.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- Number of Awards: varies
- College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your SFSU unofficial transcript in PDF form here. If you are an ENTERING student, you may upload your transcript from the most recent institution you attended.
- Watch one Jack Oakie film (available on Youtube or through checkout in the Library) and write a brief synopsis of the film or a scene in the film, explaining what you would have done differently if you were the screenwriter, director, actor, set designer, etc.
- Please describe your educational background and financial need (do not exceed 700 words).