Science and Engineering
Scholarship awarded for the Fall/Spring semester
- Awarding Department: MESA Engineering Program, MEP
- Scholarship Intent: To increase, retain and graduate economically and educationally disadvantaged students in the field of engineering and technology.
1) Applicant must be a MEP student
2) Applicants must participate in MEP events and workshops
- Major: Multiple: Engineering, Computer Science
- Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 8 UNITS
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.5; Grad GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: Dr. Nilgun Ozer
- Campus Address: SCI 250
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1328
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://engineering.sfsu.edu/current_students/financial_and_careers/scholarships_and_fellowships/index.html
- Number of Awards: varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach an essay on the topic "Why I Chose to Major in Engineering." The essay must include cover page and be at least 1 full page, double spaced 1-pt font, and no more than 2 pages (excluding cover page). The essay should include at least one reference to a publication.
- One e-mail recommendation about your academic qualifications from your Engineering professor. Recommendation must be received by the deadline - April 21, 2023.
- Second e-mail recommendation about your academic qualifications from your Engineering professor. Recommendation must be received by the deadline - May 19, 2023
- Submit a list of the courses you plan to take next semester - Fall 2023
- Please upload your unofficial transcript.