John Handy Music Scholarship for Jazz Studies, The
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship will be awarded for the 2018-2017 academic year
- Awarding Department: School of Music
- Scholarship Intent: The purpose of the John Handy Music Scholarship for Jazz Studies is to provide financial assistance to a student pursuing a career in jazz performance and/or jazz composing.
1) Must have Jazz studies as a major or minor emphasis
2) Open to both current music majors at SF State or applicants to the music major degree program at SF State.
3) Applicants must audition as part of the application process and meet the normal academic and musical standards as established for all scholarship recipients in the School of Music at SF State.
4) Require to enroll each semester in the ensemble(s) specified by the scholarship selection committee.
5) Students awarded a scholarship from the John Handy scholarship fund may have their scholarship awards renewed in subsequent semesters or academic years, if the faculty committee believes the scholarship renewal is warranted, as demonstrated by a recipient’s academic progress and musical development. Current recipients who wish to be considered for continuance of their scholarship award, must reapply each year by the deadline date.
- Major or Minor: Single: Music with Jazz Studies emphasis
- Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: Any; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME; Grad: FULL-TIME
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: US Citizen
- GPA: HS GPA: 3.0; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: School of Music
- Campus Address: CA 141
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 405-4109
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: http://music.sfsu.edu
- Number of Awards: varies