American Public Works Association Scholarship
School of Engineering will award one $1,000 scholarship to a qualified Junior or Senior Engineering student who is an APWA member and enrolling Full Time in the upcoming Fall Semester 2023.
Scholarship recipient is required to attend the Donor’s Dinner to thank your scholarship donor in early November 2023.
Scholarship funds will be awarded for the Fall 2023 Semester
- Awarding Department: Engineering
- Scholarship Intent: The American Public Works Association (APWA) has established an endowed fund to support SF State Engineering students who are interested in pursuing a career in public works.
- Criteria: Provide a letter stating professional goals and educational objective, including how public works affects everyday life. Student membership (at least during scholarship year) with APWA.
- Major: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Class Level: HS Seniors: N/A; Undergrad: Junior, Senior; Grad: N/A
- Enrollment Status: Continuing/currently enrolled SF State student
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME; Grad: N/A
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: School of Engineering
- Campus Address: HH 807B
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1228
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: https://engineering.sfsu.edu/engineering-scholarship
- Number of Awards: 1
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0?
- Are you a US Citizen or Permanent Resident? (Please make sure SF State Registrar's office has a proof of your US residency)
- Submit a list of the courses you plan to take next semester - Fall 2023
- Please upload your unofficial transcript.
- Please submit a 200 or more word essay on the topic "Why am I interested in pursuing a career in public works?"
- Please submit a statement to demonstrate a commitment to be a student member of APWA during the scholarship year.
- One e-mail recommendation about your academic qualifications from your Engineering professor. Recommendation must be received by the deadline - May 1, 2023
- Show 2 more