Robert E. Collins Endowed Scholarships
This scholarship will be awarded for the FALL semester.
Awarding Department: Library
Scholarship Intent: Provide scholarship to students who work in the Library or who volunteer for the Friends of the Library
- Students must be working in the Library during the fall semester, and they must continue working throughout the spring semester, when they apply for this scholarship. The awards will be disbursed during the following FALL, when recipients must continue their work in the
- Library or with Friends of the Library (FOL). Students must complete an application including their CV or resume, transcripts, and a letter of recommendation from their supervisor in the Library.
In addition, applicants must include essays answering each of the following questions:
- How does your work in the Library positively affect your academic progress and/or your connection to the campus?
- Identify a book that you have read that was not part of any class, and explain how it affected you.
Supplemental essays should be well-written, work-processed essays of not more than 250 words each. Please use 12-point. For more information about the criteria for evaluating applications, please see the FOL website at library.sfsu.edu/fol
- Major: Any
- Class Level: Undergrad: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, & Masters/MFA
- Enrollment Status: Continuing SF State student
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 6 Units
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: No
- Citizenship: Any
- Minimum GPA: Undergrad: 2.5, Grad: 3.0
- Contact Person: Library/Friends of the Library
- Campus Address: Library 120A
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132-4011
- Phone Number: (415) 338-6262
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: Library/Friends of the Library
- Amount of Award: $2,000.00
- Number of Awards: 5
- Graduate Studies, Undergraduate Education
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload a copy of current resume or c.v.
- Upload a current transcript
- Letter of Recommendation
- Upload essay responses to each of the following questions. A) How does your work in the Library positively affect your academic progress and/or your connection to the campus? and B) Identify a book that you have read that was not part of any class, and explain how it affected you.