Holmes Engineering Award for Civil Engineering Students
College of Science & Engineering
School of Engineering will award one $5,000 Award to a current qualified sophomore, junior, or non-graduating senior Civil student with at least a 3.0 GPA, enrolling in at least Full-Time in the upcoming Fall Semester.
Award recipient will also have an opportunity to intern with Holmes Structures during Summer 2023.
- Scholarship will be awarded for the academic year 2023-24
internship) is to, as mentioned above, promote diversity within the civil/structural
engineering industry and to support engineering students of diverse socio-economic
backgrounds throughout their education. Further, this award is intended to support
students who are pursuing experiential learning opportunities in civil engineering over
the summer and may use this award towards educational expenses.
1) Applicants may be asked to demonstrate intent to apply for the Holmes Internship Program in San Francisco via a statement of one page or less in length and provide a resume.
2) Applicants may be asked to demonstrate impact of award on personal, academic, and/or professional goals via a statement of 1-2 paragraphs in length
3) Students from communities that are under-represented in engineering are strongly encouraged to apply.
4) Requires Full-time Enrollment (12-units)
Major: Multiple: Civil Engineering and Blended Civil Engineering Scholars.
Class Level: Undergrad: Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors.
Enrollment Status: Continuing Students.
Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 units
Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
Citizenship: Citizen and Permanent Resident.
GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0;
Contact Person: School of Engineering
Campus Address: Hensill Hall 807B
Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
Phone Number: (415)-338-1228
Web page: https://engineering.sfsu.edu
Number of Awards: 1
- College of Science and Engineering, Engineering
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your current resume & CoverLetter (one page).
- Demonstrate intent to apply for the Holmes Internship Program in San Francisco & the impact of the award on your personal, academic, and/or professional goals via a statement of 1-2 paragraphs in length.
- Submit a list of the courses you plan to take next semester - Fall 2023