Maria P.P. Root Scholarship Award in Critical Mixed Race Studies
COLLEGE OF ETHNIC STUDIES
Scholarship awarded for varying Semesters. (Fall and/or Spring and/or Summer semester)
- Awarding Department: College of Ethnic Studies
- Scholarship Intent: To support Scholarship awards for promising graduate students in the field of Critical Mixed Raced Studies at San Francisco State University.
- Criteria: The Maria P.P. Root Scholarship Award in Critical Mixed Race Studies shall be awarded to full-time or part-time graduate students at SF State who are working on a graduate thesis or a culminating experience project that focuses primarily on mixed race.
- Major: Any*:
- Class Level: Grad: Masters/MFA**
- Enrollment Status: Continuing SF State Student and entering students can apply
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: FULL-TIME or PART_TIME
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: College of Ethnic Studies
- Campus Address: EP 121
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132
- Phone Number: (415)338-1693
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: https://ethnicstudies.sfsu.edu/scholarships
Number of Awards: One
- Amount of Award*: $1,000
- College of Ethnic Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- After researching the life of Maria P. P. Root, please write a short essay (no more than 500 words) about her and her contributions to the discipline of Critical Mixed Race Studies.
- Describe how your graduate research is linked to Critical Mixed-Race Studies.