Dean's Scholar Award
This scholarship will be disbursed in the Fall. This scholarship is non-renewable.
- Awarding Department: College of Ethnic Studies
Scholarship Intent: To provide financial need and merit based support to undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Ethnic Studies. Donor intents are various.
One category of awardees will be supported by donations from the Metta Fund, which serves students working on health-related issues within the College of Ethnic Studies.
- Criteria: Students will be required to submit an application letter addressing their financial need, and their academic achievements.
- Major: Any major or minor in a department in the College of Ethnic Studies
- Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: Any
- Enrollment Status: Any
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 8 UNITS
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA or SF State GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA or SF State GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: College of Ethnic Studies
- Campus Address: EP 121
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132
- Phone Number: (415)338-1693
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: https://ethnicstudies.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- Number of Awards: varies
- College of Ethnic Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload your latest academic transcript. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Describe your commitment to developing your leadership skills and how you use these skills in the service of our communities. Relate this leadership and service to some portion of what you have learned in Ethnic Studies.
- Please describe your financial need.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a professor or community leader familiar with your academic, professional, and/or community work.