The Monteverdi Fellowship
Science and Engineering
Scholarship will be awarded next academic year 2023-2024. The scholarship winner(s) will be invited to and is expected to attend the Donor Recognition and Scholarship Award Dinner in November 2023.
- Awarding Department: Earth and Climate Sciences
- Scholarship Intent: Scholarship to support a graduate student in Earth & Climate Sciences specializing in atmospheric science, oceanography, or climate science, based on academic merit and financial need.
1) All applicants accepted to the M.S. program in Geosciences in the Department of Earth & Climate Sciences are automatically eligible for consideration, as are students already in the program.
2) Exceptional promise of achievement in the M.S. program in Geosciences in the areas of atmospheric science, oceanography, or climate science, as demonstrated by materials normally submitted as part of the application for admission to the program or by performance in the first year of the program.
- Major: Single: Accepted into the M.S. program in Geosciences
- Class Level: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Entering and Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 6 UNITS
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: Earth & Climate Sciences
- Campus Address: TH 509
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-2061
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: http://tornado.sfsu.edu/
- Number of Awards: 1 or 2
- Earth and Climate Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a one page essay that describes your a) professional goals, b) reasons for applying for this scholarship, and c) your financial need.
- Upload a PDF of an unofficial current copy of your academic transcript.