Marshall J. Miller Scholarship Fund
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship funds will be awarded in the 2023-2024 academic year. Students graduating in spring and summer 2023 are not eligible.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: All LCA scholarships require one or more reference letters as a part of the application. All reference letters must be received, via AcademicWorks, no later than the application deadline in order for an application to be considered qualified and reviewed. This requires applicants to submit their application before the deadline, which includes providing the reference name and email address. References should be notified by the applicant that letters need to be submitted through AcademicWorks no later than a week before the application deadline, to allow time to solve any potential issues. Applicants should check their AcademicWorks student portal to ensure that reference letters have been submitted before the application deadline, resending reference letter requests for letters not submitted. Applications that do not have the required reference letter by the deadline will not be reviewed and are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Awarding Department: College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Scholarship Intent: To provide an annual scholarship award to one or more full time students with financial need whose major, or a major, is in the general field of literary arts.
- Criteria: The primary criteria is a focus on the literary arts which should be reflected in a statement written by the applicant describing this interest. Applicant must list their source of income (e.g., employment, from spouse, family, or other, savings or other source, financial aid, etc..) and the amount of income for last year or the current year.
- Major: With a focus on literary arts, any of the following majors: Classics, Creative Writing, English, Foreign Languages, Humanities, and Women and Gender Studies, and other majors approved at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee or for applicants that demonstrate their major’s relevance to the Literary Arts.
- Class Level: HS Seniors; Undergrad: Any; Grad: 2nd BA/Masters/MFA
- Enrollment Status: Entering and Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME; Grad: FULL-TIME
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: N/A
- Contact Person: Arsham Pourfallah
- Campus Address: MH 404
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1471
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: https://lca.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- Number of Awards: varies
- Number of awards and amounts vary, up to $10,000 total (single award not to exceed $7,000).
- College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your SFSU unofficial transcript in PDF form here. If you are an ENTERING student, you may upload your transcript from the most recent institution you attended.
- Personal statement (not to exceed 700 words): Describe the genesis of and your current interest in the literary arts. List your source of income (e.g. employment, from spouse, family, or other, savings or other source, financial aid, etc), and the amount of income for last year or the current year.
- Scholarship funds are disbursed in the following academic year. Students graduating this spring and summer are not eligible. What semester are you graduating?
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who can provide a reference on your behalf. Your reference provider should be familiar with you and able to speak to your personal, professional and/or academic achievements. Faculty, colleagues or mentors are highly recommended. Please be sure to inform the individual that you are listing them as a reference provider and provide them context on the scholarship for which you are applying so they can tailor their reference accordingly, and inform them that the letter must be submitted by the application deadline.