Kyriakos Karababas Memorial Scholarship, The
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship funds will be awarded in the 2023-2024 academic year. Students graduating in spring and summer 2023 are not eligible.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: All LCA scholarships require one or more reference letters as a part of the application. All reference letters must be received, via AcademicWorks, no later than the application deadline in order for an application to be considered qualified and reviewed. This requires applicants to submit their application before the deadline, which includes providing the reference name and email address. References should be notified by the applicant that letters need to be submitted through AcademicWorks no later than a week before the application deadline, to allow time to solve any potential issues. Applicants should check their AcademicWorks student portal to ensure that reference letters have been submitted before the application deadline, resending reference letter requests for letters not submitted. Applications that do not have the required reference letter by the deadline will not be reviewed and are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Awarding Department: College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Scholarship Intent: To assist promising students whose major area of study would be in Creative Arts.
- Criteria: Student must have completed 12 units of his/her major requirements. Preferable that the student is active in the Greek community.
- Major: Multiple: Art, Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts, Cinema, Music, School of Design, and Theatre and Dance.
- Class Level: Undergrad: Upper Division(Junior/Senior), Grad: Masters (any)
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: FULL-TIME; Grad: FULL-TIME
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.5
- Contact Person: Arsham Pourfallah
- Campus Address: MH 404
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway Ave, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1471
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: https://lca.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- Number of Awards: varies
- One award of $1,500
- College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your SFSU unofficial transcript in PDF form here. IF YOU ARE AN INCOMING GRADUATE STUDENT, please upload your unofficial transcript from the University at which you earned your Bachelor's degree.
- Statement of purpose (not to exceed 700 words): Describe your future career goals in the arts and your involvement in the Greek community (culture, not faternity), if any. How would you benefit from this scholarship? Which of your experiences, academic or extracurricular, has given you the greatest personal satisfaction?
- Scholarship funds are disbursed in the following academic year. Students graduating this spring and summer are not eligible. What semester are you graduating?
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who can provide a reference on your behalf. Your reference provider should be familiar with you and able to speak to your personal, professional and/or academic achievements. Faculty, colleagues or mentors are highly recommended. Please be sure to inform the individual that you are listing them as a reference provider and provide them context on the scholarship for which you are applying so they can tailor their reference accordingly, and inform them that the letter must be submitted by the application deadline.