Joseph M Dadone and Lotte M Dadone Scholarship
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship funds will be awarded in the 2023-2024 academic year. Students graduating in spring and summer 2023 are not eligible.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: All LCA scholarships require one or more reference letters as a part of the application. All reference letters must be received, via AcademicWorks, no later than the application deadline in order for an application to be considered qualified and reviewed. This requires applicants to submit their application before the deadline, which includes providing the reference name and email address. References should be notified by the applicant that letters need to be submitted through AcademicWorks no later than a week before the application deadline, to allow time to solve any potential issues. Applicants should check their AcademicWorks student portal to ensure that reference letters have been submitted before the application deadline, resending reference letter requests for letters not submitted. Applications that do not have the required reference letter by the deadline will not be reviewed and are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Awarding Department: College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Scholarship Intent: To provide funding for graduate students studying German or Italian language or culture as a part of their graduate studies, including seminars, creative works, or thesis projects.
1) Students must maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA in their post-baccalaureate studies.
2) Enrolled in at least 3 units at the time of application and award. Graduate students in their grace period or ennrolled in LCA-499 at the time of award are also eligible.
3) An applicant may apply more than once, but a single applicant cannot receive the scholarship for more than 4 academic years.
4) The student must be in good standing; that is, not on academic, disciplinary, or administrative probation.
- Major: Multiple: All LCA graduate programs
- Class Level: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: Masters
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: N/A; Grad: 3 UNITS
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: N/A; Grad GPA: 3.5
- Contact Person: Arsham Pourfallah
- Campus Address: MH 404
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1471
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: https://lca.sfsu.edu/scholarships
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Number of awards and amounts vary, up to $15,000 total (single award not to exceed $7,000)
- College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your SFSU unofficial transcript here.
- Please write a brief essay of about 500 words outlining completed and anticipated coursework or projects in German or Italian language and culture.
- This scholarship requires that you are enrolled in at least 3-units, in your grace semester, or enrolled in LCA-499 in CEL, at the time of application and award. This award will be disbursed in the following academic year.
- Are you enrolled in at least 3-units?
- Are you enrolled in LCA-499?
- Are you in your grace semester?
- Will you be enrolled, in your grace semester, or enrolled in LCA-499 in 2021-22?
- Scholarship funds are disbursed in the following academic year. Students graduating this spring and summer are not eligible. What semester are you graduating?
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an SFSU faculty member who can provide a reference on your behalf. Your reference provider should be familiar with you and able to speak to your personal, professional and/or academic achievements. Please be sure to inform the individual that you are listing them as a reference provider and provide them context on the scholarship for which you are applying so they can tailor their reference accordingly, and inform them that the letter must be submitted by the application deadline.