International Student/Associated Students Scholarship
Division of Student Life
The scholarship award ($1,500.00) will be disbursed during the Fall 2023 semester. To be eligible students must be enrolled at least half time (6 units) during the Fall semester 2023 when the awarded funds will be disbursed to the student’s account. Associated Student Staff and Board of Directors working in any capacity during the period of disbursement are not eligible to apply.
- Awarding Department: Division of Student Life
- Scholarship Intent: To provide assistance and support to the educational advancement of our students by awarding money to eligible SF State International students.
1) Part time minimum enrollment at SF State or enrolled in at least half-time at another college or high school senior at the time of application.
2) Applicants must include a detailed explanation of their academic achievement, supported by a letter of recommendation.
3) Applicants must be enrolled as International Students at San Francisco State University and participate in community involvement activities, educating themselves and others about the diversity of world cultures and points of view.
- Major: Any
- Class Level: HS Seniors: N/A; Undergrad: Any; Grad: Masters/PhD
- Enrollment Status: Currently enrolled SF State student
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 6 UNITS; Grad: 4 UNITS
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Not a Requirement
- Citizenship: International Student
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 2.5; Grad GPA: 2.5
- Contact Person: Division of Student Life
- Campus Address: SSB 403
- Street Address: 1650 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-3888
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://dos.sfsu.edu/content/student-life
- Number of Awards: 2
- Associated Students
- Supplemental Questions
- Will you be employed by Associated Students during the Fall 2023?
- Will you be appointed to an AS BOD position in Fall 2023?
- Will you be enrolled in 6 units or more during Fall 2023?
- Is your current cumulative GPA 2.5 or above?
- Short Answers:
The questions below will provide the reviewers of your application with more information about your educational goals, career goals, community involvement, leadership roles, and what you hope to achieve in the future. Limit responses to a maximum of 300 words for each question.
- Describe how this scholarship will contribute to your financial need and academic success? (Max 300 words)
- How have you demonstrated leadership and a commitment to serving others through your campus involvement and/or community service? (Max 300 words)
- Tell us about a time in your life when you overcame an inequity or advocated for social justice. (Max 300 words)
- What are your educational goals and where do you see yourself 5 years after you graduate from college? (Max 300 words)
- Recommendation Letter:
Request a letter of recommendation from a person who knows you, (example: professor, employer, mentor, volunteer/internship coordinator) early in your application process. The letter of recommendation will address your EDUCATIONAL GOALS, ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS, AND COMMUNITY SERVICE INVOLVEMENT.The person writing the recommendation letter will need to upload it by February 23, 2023 using Academic Works. The recommendation letter must be 1 page in length, on an OFFICIAL LETTERHEAD, and SIGNED.Provide the recommender's First and Last Name and Email Address below:
- Show 1 more