Edward M. Nagel CLCA Endowed Scholarship
LIBERAL & CREATIVE ARTS
Scholarship funds will be awarded in the 2023-2024 academic year. Students graduating in spring and summer 2023 are not eligible.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: All LCA scholarships require one or more reference letters as a part of the application. All reference letters must be received, via AcademicWorks, no later than the application deadline in order for an application to be considered qualified and reviewed. This requires applicants to submit their application before the deadline, which includes providing the reference name and email address. References should be notified by the applicant that letters need to be submitted through AcademicWorks no later than a week before the application deadline, to allow time to solve any potential issues. Applicants should check their AcademicWorks student portal to ensure that reference letters have been submitted before the application deadline, resending reference letter requests for letters not submitted. Applications that do not have the required reference letter by the deadline will not be reviewed and are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Awarding Department: College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Scholarship Intent: The Edward M. Nagel Endowed Scholarship offers an opportunity for students to learn the foundation of business while applying their craft to the arts. This award is an opportunity for students pursuing professional careers in the arts, the entertainment industry, and non-profit organizations. The Edward M. Nagel Foundation strives to provide gifts and grants to economically disadvantaged young people pursuing entrepreneurial goals in education. Further information about philanthropist, business man, art collector, and community advocate Edward M. Nagel can be found at edwardmnagelfoundation.org and https://www.facebook.com/ednagelfoundation.
1) Applicant must be enrolled in one business course each semester throughout the annual scholarship term, including but not limited to accounting, finance, management, and marketing.
2) Applicant must submit a 1-page minimum statement describing career goals and financial need.
3) Student must submit an unofficial transcript.
4) Previous awardees are eligible to re-apply providing they continue to meet requirements.
- Major: Multiple: All majors within the College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Class Level: Undergrad: Any; Grad: Masters/MFA (first year graduates are eligible)
- Enrollment Status: Continuing
- Enrollment Requirement: Undergrad: 12 UNITS; Grad: 8 UNITS
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA and/or CA Dream App: Demonstrate financial need
- Citizenship: Any
- GPA: HS GPA: N/A; Undergrad GPA: 3.0; Grad GPA: 3.0
- Contact Person: Arsham Pourfallah
- Campus Address: MH 404
- Street Address: 1600 Holloway, San Francisco, California 94132
- Phone Number: (415) 338-1471
- Email: email@example.com
- Web page: http://lca.sfsu.edu/
- Number of Awards: varies
- Number of awards and amounts vary, up to $10,000 total (single award not to exceed $7,000)
- College of Liberal & Creative Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your SFSU unofficial transcript or admission letter in PDF form here.
- What is your current combined cumulative GPA? This scholarship requires a combined cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Please provide a statement, not to exceed 700 words, describing your career goal and financial need.
- Scholarship funds are disbursed in the following academic year. Students graduating this spring and summer are not eligible. What semester are you graduating?
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who can provide a reference on your behalf. Your reference provider should be familiar with you and able to speak to your personal, professional and/or academic achievements. Faculty, colleagues or mentors are highly recommended. Please be sure to inform the individual that you are listing them as a reference provider and provide them context on the scholarship for which you are applying so they can tailor their reference accordingly, and inform them that the letter must be submitted by the application deadline.